Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS)
OE (Operational Excellence) is the systematic management of Process safety, personal safety and health, environment, reliability and efficiency to achieve world-class performance.
OE Management System provides WAPCo a systematic approach to these Twelve (12) Elements:
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Safe Operations
- Emergency Management
- Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Reliability and Efficiency
- Security of Personnel and Assets
- Third Party Services
- Compliance Assurance
- Community Awareness & Outreach
- Environmental Stewardship
- Facility Design & Construction
- Legislation & Regulatory Advocacy
Our OE vision is “To achieve world class operational excellence performance in all aspects of our business”. With respect to operational excellence, our vision is to be recognized and admired by industry and the communities in which we operate as world-class in process safety, personal safety & health, environment, reliability and efficiency.
We systematically manage OE in order to:
- Achieve an incident-and injury-free workplace.
- Promote a healthy workforce and mitigate significant workplace health risks.
- Identify and mitigate environmental and process safety risks.
- Operate with industry-leading asset integrity and reliability.
OE Tenets and Principles
The Tenets are a “code of conduct” for daily actions and behaviors that apply all the time, and which reflect our belief that if these tenets are always followed, mistakes that cause incidents can be avoided.
- Mitigate unsafe behaviour and conditions; shutdown facilities/work if necessary.
- Operate within design, safety, regulatory and environmental limits.
- Report conditions that exceed design, safety, regulatory, and environmental limits in a timely manner.
- Operate with safety devices in place and functioning.
- Meet customers’ scheduling and quality requirements without jeopardizing safety or integrity.
- Use written procedure; develop additional written procedure for high risk or unusual situations.
- Involve the right people in decisions, improvement, and changes that affect procedures and equipment.
- Seek assistance when a situation is not understood.
- Respect community, government agencies and co-workers.
- Develop co-workers as well as myself.
- Be honest, accountable for actions, and support teamwork.
- Be a good citizen and protect the company’s image.
- Do it safely or not at all
- Do it right the first time
- When in doubt, find out