- We are a leader in HES in our industry and in the West African sub-region.
- We integrate occupational health and safety, process safety and environmental protection into every aspect of our business.
- We comply with all applicable occupational health and safety, process safety and environmental laws and regulations in all areas where we conduct business. We operate in a manner that minimizes waste, emissions, and discharges to the environment.
- We are prepared for any emergency and can respond quickly to mitigate incidents.
- We require our contractors and service providers to comply with our HES policies and practices while doing work at WAPCo facilities or while doing work under WAPCo’s operational control.
- We set HES performance goals that we use to drive continuous improvement.
- We conduct our business in a socially responsible manner.
- All safety and environmental incidents are preventable.
- Delivery of HES performance is everyone’s responsibility and hence forms an integral part of appraisal.
- Working safely and protecting the environment are conditions of employment.
- Leadership and management commitment are essential to the delivery of our HES objectives.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations is the starting point.
- Everyone has “Stop Work Authority” and is expected to use it when unsafe acts and/or conditions are observed.