As a source of lower-cost sustainable fuel for power generation and direct use for industrial and commercial customers, the pipeline fosters an enabling environment for economic development and job creation in the sub-region. Natural gas is considered the cleanest of all fossil fuels
There are numerous benefits to the countries in the region from this project. These include:
- A source of cost-effective, secure, clean and reliable energy for West Africa
- Provides a foundation to facilitate regional economic growth and development.
- Proves that economic integration can work for all
- Provides an infrastructure to stimulate further foreign investment
- Displaces liquid fuels in power generation and consequently contributes to reduction of emission of green house gases in the region